Ryder Bradfords August 20 2

Builders’ merchant Bradfords Buildings Supplies is celebrating its 250th anniversary with a new dropside DAF CF260.

Founded in 1770 by William Bradford and initially relying on horse-drawn barges for its transport, the company also ordered a livery for the truck that acknowledges its heritage, plus a personalised number plate: RIG 1770.

With a body built by Wessex Vehicle Services and a remote control crane from Atlas finished in commemorative silver the vehicle - supplied by Ryder - includes automated warning lights on the crane, a crane pad stowage system and V-Rave side rails.

The DAF has been named Charlotte Anne Ellen, after a former colleague who lost her battle with cancer in April.