The 2024 everywoman Transport & Logistics Awards, which aim to inspire more women to build careers in the industry, are now open until the 29 January next year..
The awards, which are in their 17th year, aim to shine a spotlight on the opportunities available in what is a traditionally male-dominated industry, celebrate the important role that women play within it, and increase the number of women working within this pivotal industry. Currently women account for only 21% of the industry’s 1.5 million employees.
Founded in 1999, everywoman campaigns for gender parity in the workplace. It has over 130 corporate partners and a network of more than 50,000 women around the world.
Announcing the nomination period for the awards, everywoman said: “Despite the strides made, the transport and logistics industry continues to face challenges in attracting and retaining female talent. everywoman recognizes the critical importance of diversity in driving innovation, efficiency, and sustainability. Studies consistently demonstrate that diverse teams foster greater creativity, problem-solving abilities, and overall success within organisations.”
Maxine Benson, co-founder of everywoman, added: “We believe in the power of diversity to fuel progress and innovation within the industry. The everywoman in Transport & Logistics Awards highlight the exceptional contributions of women in shaping the future of the sector. The transport and logistics industry contributed £214 billion to the UK economy in 2020.[
“It is vital that we attract, retain, and advance women in the industry to unlock innovation and drive growth, not just for organisations but for the UK economy. The awards play a key role in shining a spotlight on some of the most exceptional women whose innovation, skills, resilience, and leadership will inspire future generations of women to fulfil their career ambitions in this vibrant and economy boosting industry.”
Last year everywoman added the Sustainability Champion Award recognising that net zero is a key focus of the sector and the importance of environmental protection and the exemplary contribution women have made in transforming the sector.
The 2024 Award categories include:
- The Freight Award – sponsored by WCA World – awarded to two women exemplifying the excellence, drive, and innovation of women across the freight subsector
- The Infrastructure Award – awarded to two women who are demonstrating outstanding achievements within infrastructure
- The Supply Chain Award – sponsored by Unipart Rail – awarded to two women who show exceptional talent and drive within the supply chain system
- The Warehousing Award – sponsored by Fedex – awarded to two women excelling in their role within a warehousing environment
- Industry Champion Award – sponsored by Asda – awarded to a female pioneer whose longstanding and continuous support of women in transport and logistics has led to impactful and measurable change
- International Inspiration Award – sponsored by Maersk – awarded to an exceptional role model working outside of the uk & ireland who inspires women and men in their community
- Apprentice of the Year Award – sponsored by UKWA – awarded to an enterprising female apprentice who is making an exceptional contribution to their organisation in their early career
- Male Agent of Change Award – awarded to a male role model who is actively committed to encouraging, advancing, sponsoring, or championing the progress of women in transport and logistics in his organisation and beyond
- The Tech Innovator Award – awarded to a woman designing, developing, researching, implementing or being exceptionally creative with technology within the industry
- Sustainability Champion Award – awarded to a woman or female-led team making an exemplary contribution to sustainability and environmental protection within a transport or logistics company
The awards are free to enter and the ceremony, which will welcome 500 industry leaders, will take place on 27 June 2024 at Park Plaza Riverbank in London.