The remaining equity interest in Welsh quarrying and haulage company GD Harries (GDH) will be snapped up by buy-and-build construction materials group SigmaRoc later this month. The group acquired 40% of the South Wales business in April 2019 and entered into an option agreement to buy the remaining 60%, which it has decided to exercise. The consideration will be funded through internal resources following what SigmaRoc called “strong cash generation” during the first half of 2020. Completion is anticipated on […]
Scottish haulier Ferguson Transport (Spean Bridge) has continued its acquisition drive with the purchase of Fife-based haulier Barclay Bros for an undisclosed sum.
DHL Express has revealed that it intends to sell its same-day domestic business to technology distributor Rico Logistics later this month, as it continues to focus on the international express market.
As first reported on motortransport.co.uk, it looks as though some 20 years of campaigning by Dick Denby of Denby Transport in Lincolnshire is about to pay off and the government will give the go ahead for trials of the Denby Eco-Link B-double road train from next month.