London’s Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) is now less than two months away, going live on 8 April.
After this date, HGVs not meeting Euro-6 emission standards will have to pay £100 per day to operate in the ULEZ while non-Euro-6 vans and other smaller vehicles will pay £12.50.
But the ULEZ is just the first step in the mayor’s transport strategy to see London's entire transport system become zero-emission by 2050, with air quality measures set to tighten further.
To support operators in understanding London’s future air quality aims and help them future-proof their fleets, TfL’s LoCITY programme is hosting a major roadshow: Fuels in Action: Beyond ULEZ.
Taking place on 20 March at Kempton Park Racecourse, it will help guide the freight industry in the next steps to creating a cleaner capital, from Low Emission Neighbourhoods through to the rollout of zero-emission zones in poor air quality hotspots.
Fuels in Action is a free-to-attend full-day event packed with seminars, alternative fuel commercial HGVs and vans, ride and drives, cargo bikes and essential LoCITY advice clinics.
Speakers will be drawn from across industry and feature first-hand knowledge sharing of new technology from your fleet manager peers, manufacturers, refuelling experts and policy-makers.
Key speakers so far include:
• DPD shares its all-electric micro hub concept
• Clipper Logistics talks liquefied natural gas for HGVs
• Wincanton shares its alternative fuels exploration, including eCanter operation
• First Mile Recycling shares its journey towards a zero-emission fleet
• Ford reveals the findings from its Custom Transit PHEV trial
• Energy Saving Trust updates on the progress of approved retrofit technology
• Gasrec talks gas refuelling infrastructure rollout
• EO Charging talks smart energy for your electric fleet
• Wilson James reduces road journeys through consolidation and explores zero-emission fleet vehicles
You’ll also get to explore the very latest ultra-low-emission commercial vehicles to see if they are a good fit for your business, with ride-and-drive opportunities on the day should you wish to take one for a spin.
‘Fuels in Action’ is the largest of LoCITY’s roadshows to date, so we do hope to see you there! It’s free to attend, simply register for your delegate pass today.Freight in the City Expo page ≫