The winners of the 2012 MAN Everywoman in Transport & Logistics Awards were announced yesterday (17 May) at a lunch ceremony held at The Savoy Hotel in London, with Wincanton general manager Lynne Watson taking the coveted Woman of the Year Award.
Now in their fifth year, the Everywoman Awards help to raise awareness of women who are excelling in this non-traditional sector by championing role models and showcasing the breadth of opportunities available to women in the logistics industry.
Currently around 24% of the 1.55 million people working in transport and logistics in the UK are women*, and Everywoman aims to increase this figure.
“It is widely acknowledged that a more diverse workforce is beneficial for the UK economy, whatever the sector,” says Maxine Benson MBE, co-founder of Everywoman.
“By raising awareness of the achievements of these women who are leading the way, we hope to show others what varied opportunities there are in transport and logistics, and encourage the industry to nurture its female talent.”
The other winners of the 2012 MAN Everywoman in Transport & Logistics Awards are:
- Rising Star of the Year Award - sponsored by Royal MailTamar Weavers, senior sales manager - home and leisure seasonal, Wm Morrison Supermarkets
- Commercial Driver of the Year Award - sponsored by TNTLaurie Bartram, HGV Class 1 Driver, QV Foods
- Director of the Year Award – sponsored by Asda StoresJane Weaver, MD, ays couriers
- The Warehousing Award - sponsored by DHL Supply ChainVicky Brockley, general manager, Asda Stores
- Industry Trainer of the Year Award - sponsored by National Skills Academy LogisticsJoanne Griffiths, senior general manager, training and quality, Ceva Logistics
- Green Champion Award - sponsored by DHL Supply ChainStephanie Unitt, environmental advisor, CEVA Logistics
- Team Leader of the Year Award - sponsored by Ceva LogisticsSamantha Deane, general manager, TNT UK