Driver commended for putting out fire on refuse collection vehicle


 

A waste and recycling HGV driver has been commended for his quick thinking after he put out a fire in his vehicle caused by a battery thrown into general waste. West Northampton Council said its crew had averted an expensive and messy clean-up last week that could have cost the tax-payer tens of thousands of pounds had the fire not been spotted. The first sign of danger was spotted by loader Leighton Cousins who saw flames as he emptied a […]