Welsh quarrying and haulage group GD Harries (GDH) is to be sold to construction materials company SigmaRoc. GDH is one the largest independent suppliers of aggregates in Wales, operating out of four depots with an O-licence authorising a total of 75 HGVs and 25 trailers. SigmaRoc said it had acquired a 40% equity interest in GDH and intends to acquire the remaining 60% by mid-2020. Ian Harries, GDH chairman, said the investment would allow GDH to grow and create job […]
The European Commission’s decision to prevent UPS from acquiring TNT Express “risks reducing competition, not increasing it”, an analyst at Transport Intelligence said. UPS has now pulled out of its multi-billion Euro plans to take over TNT Express, which the logistics analyst believes highlights the scale of the challenges the US parcel carrier faced in regard to meeting the regulatory requirements. Transport Intelligence head of consultancy Joel Ray said: “Their decision making process looks flawed, caused by a fundamental lack of […]
Three of Tuffnells’ former directors have returned to the company, following its management buy-out from the Connect Group in May this year.
Pall-Ex has moved to ensure coverage continuity in the South-west by buying Cornish network member Intercounty Distribution for £700,000. The company based on the Pennygillam Industrial Estate in Launceston has an O-licence for up to 22 vehicles and eight trailers. It has been a Pall-Ex member for 14 years. Pall-Ex MD Adrian Russell said: “The opportunity was presented to us after Intercounty’s MD Nick Coombes announced his retirement earlier this year. We are happy that Nick has decided to stay […]