Taking place on 24 May 2018 at Culloden Estate & Spa, Belfast, FTA's Transport Manager Northern Ireland conference is packed with industry leading speakers and the very latest information, guidance and best practice advice surrounding legislation and enforcement changes.
FTA's Transport Manager Northern Ireland conference is packed with industry leading speakers and the very latest information, guidance and best practice advice surrounding legislation and enforcement changes.
Our Keynote Address comes from John McGrath, Deputy Secretary Transport and Resources from the Department for Infrastructure. He joined the then Department for Regional Development in January 2014. Where he had responsibility for the development of transportation and water policy; the delivery of strategic transport planning, policy and legislation, as well as oversight of the Regional Development Strategy.
With the establishment of the Department for Infrastructure in May 2016 John leads the Transport and Resources Group. This covers transport policy and planning, public transport (including oversight of Translink), safe and sustainable travel, including active travel; ports and airports; and also Waterways Ireland. John is the Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) for Indicators 23 and 25 within the Programme for Government.
Kathleen Callanan, Head of Enforcement with the Road Safety Authority, speaking about enforcement Priorities, has worked in the public service 14 years.
Spending the majority of that time with the RSA and prior to that with the Courts Service. She has worked with the Vehicle Testing and Enforcement Unit for the past 11 years. Prior to commencing her current role, she worked as a Transport Officer for 4 years conducting inspections both at the roadside and at operator premises, before spending a little over 2 years as Senior Transport Officer. As part of Kathleen’s current role her responsibilities include the management of roadside & premises enforcement from a maintenance; roadworthiness; drivers’ hours and tachograph perspective.
Other confirmed speakers:
- Manufacturer's Perspective on Truck Restrictions - Martin Flach
Alternative Fuels Director, IVECO
- Truck Restrictions - Natalie Chapman -Urban Policy, FTA
- Apprenticeships - Sally Gilson - Head of Skills Campaign, FTA
- Van Excellence - Mark Cartwright - Head of Vans, FTA
Why should you attend?
- Hear from Keynote Address, John McGrath, Deputy Secretary for Transport and Resources, Department of Infrastructure.
- The latest on the future implications on drivers, driver recruitment and retention.
- An essential legislative round and technical update highlighting the main topics on the horizon that you need to be aware of to ensure the safety, compliance and efficiency of your organisation.
- Discover how Brexit could affect your business
- Network with industry peers
- Attain expert knowledge to improve your operation’s compliance and efficiency
- Gain peace-of-mind over topical matters affecting your operation
Join your colleagues for the 'must attend' industry event of the year!